Sunday, June 14, 2009

Movie Review: The Hangover

Oh man. I don't even know where to begin with this movie besides the fact that I think I laughed through the entire thing.



I can definitely see why it's gotten number one at the box office the past two weekends, it's freakin hysterical. I think I loved it even more because it really is a "grown up" version of Dude Where's My Car? and I secretly love that movie.

For anyone that doesn't know, the general synopsis of this movie is four guys head to Vegas for a bachelor party. They wake up the next morning in their destroyed hotel room, missing one of their friends, a random assortment of additions to the room and don't remember a thing. Basically the whole movie follows the guys as they try to piece together their night and find their friend Doug (played by Justin Bartha, who I heart!). And what an adventure that is, they go all over Vegas and meet the craziest people it's hard to not laugh.

Basically me, Matt and AJ were either laughing or saying "oh my gosh" the entire movie. Yes some of the humor is crude and isn't for everyone but I admit, it was definitely for me. Even if I did get grossed out with some of the ridiculousness I was still laughing all the way. And the baby! Ah I loved the baby! "His name is Carlos" was our saying for the rest of the night.



All in all a ridiculous summer comedy flick that I'm glad I went to see. And you should too if you feel like saying "WTF?!" and laughing non-stop :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna watch this so bad! I've been hearing about it everywhere, and I like me mah comedies =)

I'm liking this reviewing thing! Great stuff.

Cheers

Vanessa said...

That's it, I'm gonna have to see this one. I've resisted, but no more. (crying Uncle)

Maxie said...

It was just SO GOOD. I wanna see it again already.

Unknown said...

i loved this movie too - laughed the entire time :)

Blissful Chaos said...

This movie is great and all I can say is Fat Jesus was great!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this movie! I originally blew it off, but I've heard so many good reviews. Hopefully I'll see it this weekend.

kadler said...

Ahh! I can't wait. And that baby is adorable :)