Monday, January 25, 2010

Movie Review: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Matt and I are now the proud owners of a Netflix account and it is awesome. I seriously don't know why we didn't have it sooner? Well then again we didn't have a BluRay player that could let us stream movies live until Christmas so that sort of instigated our NetFlix venture. Nonetheless, we can now stream movies and watch them whenever we want as well as request them and it is awesome. And the first movie we streamed....Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.



I sort of really enjoyed this movie. Yes it has every aspect of a quirky indie/Michael Cera movie but I thought it was adorable and funny and entertaining and just cute. I also love that the movie takes place all in one night, one very long night in New York City and it's just quite an adventure.

Pretty much the gist of the movie is as so: Nick (Michael Cera) is in a band and getting over a crazy ex girlfriend, Tris, when he meets Norah (Kat Dennings) and the night goes from there as everyone searches for the infamous band Where's Fluffy as well as trying to locate Norah's incredibly drunk friend, Caroline. Caroline was probably one of the funniest characters in the movie besides Nick's gay band members because they had me laughing every time they were on screen together. Also I just loved how care free these kids were and how they were all up literally all night and learned all sorts of life lessons like good moral movies do but not without mishaps and hilarious adventures.



Pretty much if you want a quirky coming of age Michael Cera movie, this one's for you. Also, Where is FLUFFY???

4 comments:

Olivia said...

This is getting weird, I just commented on your Avatar blog and our shared love of Craig David...and now Nick & Norah- I watched this movie over the weekend too and found it totally adorable. Caroline was definitely bringing the lols, as for the boys, I really love the scene where they track Caroline to the late night gay musical review and the guys are totally flirting and being coy, while Nick awkwardly notices advances from a hot audience member- Michael Cera may play the same dude over and over, but that dude is still totally charming & entertaining.

Olivia said...

oh and being from New York I love the loacations where the film was shot, a lot of it takes place in Brooklyn & L.E.S.- places where I actually hang out- so that was cool.

Dear Liam said...

I have to see this movie!
i don't even own a blueray player yet..
soon though :P

G said...

i double hearted this movie!!